Thursday, March 26, 2009

Garter Stitch Baby Cardigan


I knit this little baby sweater for my niece Misty. She is going to have a baby next fall. You can find the pattern for this cute little sweater here . It was easy to knit, and knits up pretty quick. This is the very first time that I have knit button holes, and that was easy also. The little buttons on the sweater came from my button stash. I like to buy jars of buttons at estate sales, and auctions. So I am calling these buttons vintage buttons, because they are old buttons, that some lady cut off another item of clothing and saved for them to be used again in the future. Well I am using them now on this baby sweater. I think that is cool!! I used I Love This Cotton yarn, in the color Spring Ombre. I just cast on a little hat this morning to match this little sweater.

2 comments:

Trish said...

The baby cardi looks great! I love the style and colors! I'll be making a baby cardi pretty soon. I'm going to try "Presto Change-o" (or something like that).

Ariel said...

The sweater came out absolutely adorable and I love the yarn.