Friday, August 27, 2010

Gilly Socks

I had to look back in my blog to see the last time I had posted a finished knitting project. It was July 14th!!! that is  a LONG time between FO's. But it has been a busy month for me I guess. On top of that I got a reader and have been reading my head off, so knitting got put on the back burner. Especially on Sunny days. Because my very favorite thing in the world to do is lay out in the Sun and read!!! I have had a Great Summer of reading.
Any way on to the knitting. I finished the Gilly Socks. I knit them top down on DPN. The pattern has instructions for magic loop if you like to knit that way. But I still prefer DPN. Any way is it an easy, fun to knit pattern. That turns into a great sock. I think that I will give these socks as a gift. I am not sure who is getting them yet. But I am going to save them until the time is right. I used Bernat Sox yarn , the colors in the yarn are pink, blue, yellow, and green!
The pattern for these socks can be found here

2 comments:

Ariel said...

So so summery!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love the socks! It's been ages since I've made socks for myself. I'll have to get back to it! The colours in your socks are so pretty!