Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rum Cake

This Rum Cake recipe was given to me by my Very Dear Knitting Friend MaryJane.


RUM CAKE



1 cup chopped pecans

1 pkg french vanilla instant pudding

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup oil

1 pkg yellow cake mix

1/2 cup dark run

4 eggs



sprinkle chopped pecans on bottom of a greased bunt or tube pan.

Mix together cake mix, pudding, water, oil and rum.

Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour at 325.



let cool (about 20 minutes is enough)



sauce: 1 stick margarine or butter

1 cup sugar ( I use dark brown sugar)

1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup rum ( I use 1/2 cup of rum)

boil ingredients together in a sauce pan. Pour over cake while

it is still in the pan… it will soak into the cake ( I use a long tined fork

to poke holes all over the cake top and as much of the sides as I can).



Let it cool completely in the pan before removing.

I quite often bake this cake at night and let it soak all night long.



It really is a favorite with this family. I even catch folks having it for breakfast.



the alcohol is all cooked off but it sure tastes wonderful and rich.
 

No comments: