Saturday, December 11, 2010

Slipper Socks

Today is the Perfect day to be talking about crocheting slippers. I live in South Dakota, we are having a blizzard today!!! YIKES!!! I do not like blizzards!!! Anyway here in South Dakota in the winter, I wear slippers all the time. So I need lots of them. I knit slippers so very often. But my first love was crochet. I have been crocheting for 29 years. I taught myself to crochet when I was pregnant with my second child. I was passionate about crochet for years. then one day about 7 years ago I taught myself to knit. I put my crochet hooks away, but I didn't forget about them. I pull them out every so often and crochet a doily, or potholders, and slippers. I crochet so very much faster then I knit. Any way I crocheted a pair of slippers for myself, and a pair fro my Granddaughter. I used Red Heart yarn, because it is acrylic and can be washed, and holds up pretty good in a slipper. This pattern calls for 2 strands of yarn held together which makes the slippers nice and warm. The pattern can be found here  They are quick to crochet and easy as ever to crochet. My feet are toasty warm even though we are having a blizzard outside!!