Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Autumn Vineyard Scarf

I hand dyed and hand spun Merino wool, with the Beautiful colors of an Autumn Vineyard. I knew that this yarn had to be woven into a Beautiful scarf. It was so amazing watching the scarf come to life right before my very eyes on my loom. My Autumn Vineyard yarn is worsted weight, I used that for the weft on this scarf. The warp is a beautiful green Alpaca/Silk blend fingering weight yarn. Warping the loom with the fingering yarn, then weaving with the Worsted weight yarn really makes the colors in this scarf pop. I just LOVE it. The scarf is 5 inches wide, and 65 inches long, not including the fringe. The fringe is 5 inches long. I am so Happy with the way that this scarf turned out!
This item is available in my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/74714507/autumn-vineyard-handwoven-scarf

No comments: