Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Queen of Spades Necklace

A New item in my Etsy Shop today
To make this Queen of Spades Necklace, I use a lucet, which is a tool used in cord making.
This tool dates back to Viking and Medieval periods.
A lucet cord is square, strong, and slightly springy.
The cord is formed by making a series of loops, that are weaved around the lucet.
Then I search for the perfect pendant, and matching floss, and create a Beautiful Folk Art Necklace
Each of my necklaces are hand made, and One of a Kind.

I made the Pendant using a large oval glass cabochon tile.
This necklace is water resistant, but not water proof.
It should not be worn in the shower.

The lucet cord is 21 inches long.
Closed with a toggle clasp.       

You can fins this necklace here  http://www.etsy.com/shop/mrae123

No comments: