Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Journey

This is a mixed media project that I worked on today.
I am very new to Art journaling. This was not art with a purpose.
It was just a Fun afternoon in my Studio. I don't have a lot of supplies, because I am just starting out.
I used a piece of paper. First I put some gesso on my paper, after it was dry I painted a wash of aqua colored paint.
I used aqua because I like the color. Then I put some Walnut Ink antiquing solution at the top of the page. I squirted it with
water and let it drip down the page. I took a piece of something with circles in it. Just a piece of rubbish really, and used it as a stencil. I dabbed gold acrylic paint on the circle stencil. Then I tore decorative papers, glued them to my project with mod podge. I went over the papers with an aqua paint wash. Then I took a Fleur de lis stencil and drew the fleur de lis onto the paper. I painted the fleur de lis with aqua, and metallic peridot acrylic paint. I finished by putting a metal embellishment that has the word journey on it. that was it. my Fun afternoon in my studio.


4 comments:

Melody Strahan said...

I think it's beautiful! The most important thing you said in the whole post is 'I had fun'.

Keep it up!

Melody Strahan said...

I think it's beautiful!

btw--the most important thing you've said here is 'I had fun.'

Keep up the good work!

Judi Middleton said...

Hi, Mona~
I like the way you used the aqua wash over the top to bring it all together. If this is one of your first attempts, you are doing really well!
Welcome to the fun of papercrafting!
Judi Middleton, Ohio

Carin Winkelman said...

Art without a purpose is always the most fun. And I love the colour of this.