Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mixed Media Art Journal Page

For this Art journal page, I used water color paints, acrylic paint, a Tim Holtz ticket, and a moth accent form K&Company. First I colored the background purple with water color paint. Then I made some Modeling Paste. I used Baking soda and gesso. I just put some gesso in a Dixie cup, then added baking soda and mixed the 2 together until I got the consistency that I wanted. I laid a stencil on my page and went over it with the mix. I lifted the stencil and got an Amazing design. Then I added a Tim Holtz ticket that says Adore. I used a green water color pencil to paint a swirl on the page. I put the moth on top of the swirl. In the upper right hand corner I added a green flower sticker, then put a heart sticker in the center of the flower.
I painted the modelling paste with Folkart metallic paint in the color Peridot. I just love the metallic paints. They add a bit of sparkle to my pages. I am going to for sure make modelling paste again on future pages I just Love it!

No comments: