Sunday, September 28, 2008

Casey and Grandma

Casey and I had a wonderful weekend. We baked a Snicker Bar cake. If you want to eat a rich, chocolaty cake I suggest that you bake a Snicker Bar cake. Yum. YUM. We did put chocolate frosting on ours, and I used a Devils Food cake mix instead of German chocolate. Eating a piece of this yummy cake almost is like getting a chocolate overload. Just the way I like chocolate cake.

Snicker Bar Cake 1 German chocolate cake mix1 package caramels (Kraft)1 stick of oleo or butter1 Tbsp. Skim milk3/4 cup chocolate chips1 Cup chopped peanuts - (I used lightly salted.)

Mix cake according to directions on box. Pour 1/2 of the batter into greased 9" X 13" pan. (I think the cake mix recipe states to only grease the bottom of the pan .. check it.) Bake 20 minutes at 350'F.

Melt caramels with margarine/butter and milk in pot. Pour over the baked cake. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. DOT with remaining cake mix on top. Bake an additional 20 min. at 350'F. Remove from oven. Does not need any icing.

We also made an Amish Noodle Casserole. It is a very simple, very tasty casserole.

Noodle CasseroleBrown 1 pound hamburger, season to taste. Cook 1 pound noodles, then mix in 2 cans cream of chicken soup and a little tomato juice to noodles. Mix with hamburger and put in greased casserole. Line top with cheese, put in oven long enough to melt cheese.

Casey played paper dolls a lot. I so enjoyed watching her play paper dolls. I used to play paper dolls when I was a child. :) I spun some wool on my kick wheel. We walked my dog Elvis, and just had a very enjoyable weekend. But then any time that I spend with my Granddaughter is so very enjoyable to me. :)

No comments: