Saturday, October 11, 2008

I had an Elvis incident today

I had an Elvis incident today. My sister, my daughter and I went to this huge Autumn Festival craft show. There was crafts, food and entertainment there. It costs 6 bucks to get into the place and finding a parking space is tuff. Any way we get into the place pay our $6.00, and start looking around as to where we will start shopping. There are 2 separate areas to shop in. So we pick the one farthest away from us, and decide we will work our way back to the entrance area. We get into the part where we want to shop. I hear singing. Some one is singing an ELVIS song. I am so very excited and delighted. I yell out someone is singing Elvis. So I start heading toward the sound of the music. It is way in the back of the building. This place is just packed. the guy really, really sounds like Elvis. I am so very excited to get a look at this guy. In my minds eye, I am seeing a very handsome, very cool, very suave Las Vegas style Elvis. So I head to the back of the building where I am hoping this way cool Elvis impersonator is. I start to jog a bit, with my sister and daughter trailing behind me trying to keep up. I am shoving ladies with babies , and strollers out of my way. I am pushing people in wheel chairs out of my way. Because you see I am looking for Elvis. I get all the way to the entertainment area, in the back of the building, and to my complete and total surprise, their is a big, fat balding,gray haired guy with a beard and a cowboy hat singing an Elvis song. You can not believe how disappointed I am. I just could not believe that a man could sound so much like Elvis, and look like Roy Clark. Needless to say I was disappointed.By the way I really didn't shove any one out of my way. I just added that in there to show you what a hurry I was in to see Elvis. but I did yell some one is singing and Elvis song. That is my story and I am sticking to it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I totally believed you were shoving other people!

and I thought you were going to say it was Joel from Full FX!

Anonymous said...

It's a good story, I'd stick with it.

I am drawn to bagpipes by some strange magnetic force.