Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hand Spun Yarn







I am so very excited today. I spun this yarn yesterday. It is 2 ply worsted weight yarn!! I was always spinning my yarn to thin. When I wanted my yarn to be worsted weight. I had to cable ply the yarn. This yarn is 2 ply, 10 WPI, and 116 yards! I am a happy girl!! I did not think that I would ever figure out how to spin worsted weight yarn with only 2 singles. I know I need more practice. But I am soooo happy with the way that this yarn turned out. I hand dyed Merino roving with Turquoise dye, which gave me this color!! :)

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Most spinners start out with heavy yarn and then work hard to spin more fine- you're working the opposite direction. All of your yarns are lovely, and the worsted weight is no exception. Congratulations!