Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February Mystery KAL

I soooooo enjoyed this mystery knit along. I used yarn that was hand spun for me by my Dear Knitting Friend Wilma. It is a DK weight yarn so I used size 7 needles. The pattern calls for size 8, but gauge isn't so important in this project. I just Love the way that this scarf turned out. It is worked flat, and knit sideways. short row shaping is used to make the drops. The name of this scarf is Shizuku, which means drops, or tear-drop shape in Japanese. It is designed by Angela Tong, and the pattern can be found here . I Love everything about this scarf, the color, the yarn, the shape, the drops, the knitting of it. I am so happy with the way that it turned  out. Before blocking it measured 38 x 6 1/4 inches. After blocking it is 65 x 7 1/2 inches.

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hey, that looks awesome! You did a great job!