Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dreaming of weaving

We have been in a deep freeze here in South Dakota, we had two winter blizzards in a row. We are finally starting to thaw out a bit. It is 7 degrees above 0 this morning, and it is supposed to be Sunny and get up to 29 degrees today. I sure hope that it does. During our cold spell I have been knitting and designing, and dreaming of weaving. I don't know how to weave, but I have been wanting to try it for some time. During our blizzards the mail man still came through. You know the mail man, he comes through wind, through rain, through sleet, even a very cold South Dakota blizzard. Any way, a Lion Brand Yarn catalog came to me in the mail during this cold spell. In that catalog was a sweet little weaving loom. It is called the Cricket Weaving Loom. I placed an order for the loom, and I am looking forward to teaching myself to weave this winter. I am so very excited about that.
I have been designing also while I was snowed in. I have designed another sock, and a Folk mitten. I hope to get the finishing details on the patterns, some time this week. That is enough for now. Stay warm everyone!!

No comments: