My Granddaughter wanted to make some fudge for her Daddy as a gift. So we spent the morning making French Silk Fudge!! YUM!!!!!!
This recipe is a little tricky. We did the microwave method to make this fudge. It says to cook the fudge in the microwave for 3 minutes. Take it out stir it and cook again on high for 3 minutes. You have to watch it really, really close when you microwave it for the second 3 minutes, so that it does nor bubble up over the sides of your bowl. The recipe says use a large bowl. That is very important use the largest bowl that will fit into your microwave, because the sugar and milk does bubble up a lot!!
This is AMAZING FUDGE!!!!
French Silk Fudge
2 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cups cream or 1 small can (5 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1. In large glass bowl, combine sugar and milk.
2. Microwave on full power for 3 minutes; remove and stir.
3. Return and cook an additional 3 minutes on full power.
4. Add butter, marshmallows, chocolate and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in nuts.
5. Pour into a buttered 8" x 11" pan.
6. Chill and cut into small pieces. Makes 2 pounds.
1. Combine powdered sugar and milk in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-1/2 minutes.
3. Stir in butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix well. Stir